Sorare immerses you in a sports simulation using the Ethereum blockchain. Players will be able to trade, buy, sell and manage a virtual Football, NBA or MLB team with digital player cards. Created in limited series, these digital cards are NFTs. Thanks to the blockchain, these NFTs guarantee the authenticity and ownership of each card. These cards represent professional football, basketball or baseball basketball players, teams and stadiums.
Purchases, sales or exchanges are made in cryptocurrencies. Based on the Ethereum blockchain, it is necessary to have ethers (ETH). Before seeing the possibilities of the game, let's see how to register on the Sorare platform.
How to register?
Signing up for Sorare is simple and can be done in minutes. To register on the Sorare platform, you will need to follow the following steps:
1. Go to site Sorare's website.
2. Click "Register" in the upper right corner of the home page.
3. Enter your email address and choose a secure password. Then click on "Register" to create your account.
5. You will then need to verify your email address by clicking on the confirmation link sent to the address you entered.
6. Once you have verified your email address, you can log in to your Sorare account and start exploring the features of the platform.
Buying, selling, trading or hosting digital cards on Sorare requires an Ethereum wallet. This can be Metamask for example. If you do not yet have an Ethereum wallet, go to our article “ How to configure Metamask ”. Once your wallet is up and running, come back here for all the features of the game.
The different ways to play Sorare
Sorare like all card games can be played in different ways, such as buying or selling cards, collecting them, using them to create a team and participate in competitions, etc. Here are all the game possibilities on Sorare:
1. Buying and Selling Cards: Users can buy, sell and trade unique cards
2. Fantasy Football: Players can create teams with their cards and use them to play online fantasy football, basketball and soon baseball games against other players. Match results are determined based on the actual performance of the players represented by the digital cards. Players can also participate in friendly matches against other users to test their teams.
3. Tournaments and competitions: Sorare regularly organizes tournaments and competitions for users, offering cryptocurrency rewards for winners.
4. Collect: Players can also collect unique and rare digital cards to keep or trade with other players.
5. Setting up challenges and competitions: Users can set up challenges and competitions with other users to test their collecting and team management skills.
The different types of card distributed by Sorare
While playing Sorare, it is possible to collect different types of digital cards, each with their own characteristics and rarity levels. The most common types of cards on Sorare are: player cards, team cards, stadium cards, legend cards, event cards.
Sorare regularly distributes new cards, so it is possible that new types of cards will be added to the cards already present in the game.
Card rarity types
The sports simulation game offers several levels of rarity for cards, each with its own characteristics and emission limits. Here are the different types of rarity:
1. Common Cards: These cards have a white background and are the most commonly dealt and most numerous in the game. Issued in unlimited quantities, these standard cards are not NFTs. You will be able to use them in the game, but it is not possible to buy, sell or trade them.
2. Limited Cards: Abundant in the game, these cards are NFTs. These cards have a yellow background, they are the most accessible in the game, except for some very famous players, whose value can quickly reach very high prices.
3. Rare Cards: These cards have a red background and are issued in already more limited quantities than Limited. While these cards are rarer, they are still affordable in terms of value.
4. Super Rare Cards: These cards have a blue background and are issued in very limited numbers. As a result, their prices can be high.
5. Unique Cards: These cards are therefore unique. Sorare distributes 1 per season and per player. Their prices are very high.
It can be interesting for players to bet on the purchase of packs which can, for the luckiest, contain a unique card.
How to play Fantasy Football?
As we have seen, Sorare allows you to collect cards, but also to participate in a game of fantasy football by creating a team with your cards.
On a weekly basis, Sorare organizes Game-Weeks according to the football matches scheduled in reality. If the player has cards, whose players have a match in real life, then it is possible for the player to participate in a match in the sports simulation game.
Using Opta and its expertise in sports data, the statistics company assigns points to players registered for the match in Sorare compared to the player's actual performance in reality. Sorare add a multiplier to these points. At the end of the week, all players' points are added together and you will be ranked among the other players. Depending on the ranking and the league played, it is possible to obtain rewards either in cryptocurrency (ETH) or in Rare or even Super Rare cards.
What are the different leagues?
What are the different leagues?
Before detailing the different leagues, it is important to note that each league has its own registration criteria, based in particular on the scarcity of cards to be used in a particular league. Therefore, it is necessary to check the necessary cards before participating in a competition.
It is possible to divide the different leagues into three categories: Global, Regional, Mix.
1. Within the Global League, we find:
All Star League: This league includes 5 different divisions, in which players have no restrictions regarding card combinations.
Under 23 League: This league contains 5 divisions in which only player cards under 23 can be used to form your team.
The Casual League: this league is the Rookie league and it has been set up for new Sorare players to help them get their bearings. This league can be played with community cards.
2. Within the Regional league, we find:
European championship: this championship has 5 divisions which represent the first 5 leagues of European football: Ligue 1, La Liga, Premier League, Serie A and Bundesliga.
American championship: this championship includes 5 divisions which represent the teams of the American leagues taken over by Sorare on its platform: MLS, Liga MX, Colombian Premera A, Superliga Argentina, Brasileiro Serie A and Peruvian Primera Division.
Asian Championship: this championship contains 5 divisions which represent the teams of the American leagues taken over by Sorare on its platform: J1 League, Chinese Super League and K League.
Challenger Europe: this championship comprises 5 divisions (excluding those included in the European Championship): Russian Premier League, Belgian Pro League, Portuguese Liga, Eredivisie, Scottish Premiership, Turkish SuperLig, Eliteserien, English Championship and Danish Superliga.
3. Within the Mix league, we find:
Training League: This league was created to practice the game. In this league, card combinations can include all card types (Common, Rare, Super Rares and Uniques) to gain experience (XP).
Special Events: These are challenges that take place every week. In this league, players can combine all types of cards, except Common cards. However, to participate in this league, you will have to meet eligibility criteria, which also change on a weekly basis.
How to participate in the different tournaments?
To build your team, you will need 5 cards in different positions: a goalkeeper, a defender, a better fielder, an attacker and a 5ᵉ card who can take on any role, except that of goalkeeper.
To participate in a tournament with your team, it must include at least 4 Rare cards. To register your team, go to the "Play" section and select one of the tournaments that matches your cards. Next, you will need to determine which of your cards you are going to assign to different positions. Then select your captain, it can be anyone. Once all these steps are completed, you can confirm your team.
Be careful, it is important to involve cards whose players have a match organized in reality. To help you, Sorare has implemented different symbols to help you choose the players who will earn you the most points in a tournament.
Warning: Sorare and speculation
Although it is a game, Sorare is based on the blockchain. Playing this game requires cryptocurrencies, the price of which can be very volatile due to various factors. It is therefore important to understand the risks and not to invest more money than you are prepared to lose. It is therefore important to do research and understand the risks before deciding to invest in Sorare.
Sorare paves the way for a new way of conceiving the sports simulation game.
Is it interesting to invest in a game that is based on still recent technology and whose future is uncertain?
It is difficult to predict with certainty the future of Sorare in terms of evolution and adoption. However, there are reasons to believe that it could be viable in the long term.
First of all, Sorare is based on blockchain technology which is considered as an innovative and high potential technology. The platform uses blockchain technology to ensure the authenticity and ownership of digital cards, allowing users to collect, store or trade them with other users.
Next, the NFT (Non-Fungible Token) market is growing rapidly, and Sorare is one of the first to focus on the application of blockchain technology in the sports world. This could give them a competitive advantage over companies entering the market later.
Finally, Sorare has succeeded in attracting important partners, in particular football clubs and professional players who have chosen to work with them. This is particularly the case of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar Junior or Kyllian Mpabbé. This helps to strengthen the credibility of the platform
However, it is important to note that blockchain-based games and NFTs are still an evolving industry, and there are still uncertainties about their long-term viability. It is therefore important to stay informed of the latest news concerning Sorare, and more broadly, vis-à-vis the cryptocurrency sector.
Sources : https://sorare.com/market/ - https://sorare.com/game-rules
Disclaimer : This is not financial advice. The site aims to inform readers about various Web3 projects. Any type of investment involves risk. Do your due diligence and do your own research on the projects featured on the site. Act as a good father and do not invest more than your objectives or financial means allow you.
Some articles on the site contain affiliate links and using them to register from the site allows the development of the site by collecting commissions. By doing so, you also make yourself eligible for a welcome bonus such as a voucher or fee reduction, for example.
For more information, do not hesitate to consult nos Legal notices.