CMC was created in 2013 by Brandon Chez, who noticed a lack of reliable and updated information on the market capitalization of cryptocurrencies. He then developed CMC as a simple and easy-to-use platform that provides users with accurate and real-time data.
CMC quickly gained popularity among cryptocurrency enthusiasts and over the years following its creation, CMC became an invaluable resource for anyone interested in the crypto market. It also played an important role in the general adoption of cryptocurrencies, as it made it easier for investors to keep track of the value of different crypto assets.
Today, CMC offers a wide range of information and tools to those involved in the cryptocurrency sector. In addition to providing real-time data on cryptocurrency market capitalization and prices, CMC also offers the following features:
- a customizable list of cryptocurrencies, allowing users to track the cryptocurrencies that are most relevant to them
- historical data on cryptocurrency prices and market capitalization
- tools for comparing the performance of different cryptocurrencies
- a cryptocurrency and currency converter
- a News section with articles and updates on the cryptocurrency market
- a large NFT section
- calendars for ICOs and other crypto events
- and various educational tools
In 2020, Coinmarketcap was acquired by Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange platform. Binance plans to use CMC as a platform to provide users with the market information they need regarding the crypto market.
Also check out our recommended article, which has been read by other readers interested in this topic: Buy cryptocurrencies on SwissBorg in a few steps